Thursday, January 1, 2015

First things first: THANKS


January 1st 2015

As I thought about how I would start, I realized I couldn't even begin without thanking my parents, coaches, and teammates for the awesome support they've given me.  

 Here's my sister Jessica, me, and my parents in 
West Yellowstone last year. My parents have always
been supportive when following me around as I train
and race around the country.  Photo: Brad Kautzer


 So lucky to have these two as parents! Photo: Selfie!


One last one of my parents because I'm so blessed.
This one from Stowe for Junior Nationals 2014.  
Photo: Mom (Julie Kautzer)

Carl Shaffer, head coach of the 
Benilde-St. Margaret's Nordic team (my high school).  
Photo: Julie Kautzer  

Piotr Bednarski, head coach of Loppet Nordic Racing, 
the club team I train with. In addition, he helped
me get started in biathlon.
Photo: Julie Kautzer

If you haven't figured it out by now, my mom takes a lot of photos.  In addition to unofficial personal photographer, she is also my trip organizer and full time cook.  I couldn't do what I do without her.  I'm so proud of her because she let me try to teach her to skate ski last week (in addition to her regular strength training).  She still has a lot of work to do, but she's a quick learner.

Here's the rockstar.  She wouldn't let me post the
video but I needed to document her efforts.  
Photo: Me

And now for this goofball.  My dad travels a lot for his job, but that makes flights to camps and/or races a lot easier.  However, Dad's best trait is his ability to come up with jokes on the spot.  

Photo: Julie Kautzer


Lastly, thank you to the rest of my family, friends, and coaches for all the love and support they give me! I couldn't do it without you!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment