Wednesday, January 7, 2015

2014 Year in Review: Winter racing

Winter racing

BSM Races: 

I won the scrimmage, and BSM won as a team! First time ever whoot whoot!!! Granted there were only two teams...
I also won our second race by about 30 seconds.  As a team we took 3rd for girls and 4th for boys out of 6 schools.  
 4 skiers after the first race of the season! 
Photo: Rachel Conley 

 I love my team! So fun!!!
Photo: Rachel Conley

 My mom has a habit of trying to sneak pictures when I'm not 
looking, but I caught her this time.
Photo: Julie Kautzer 

Coach Carl... possibly the goofiest person on the BSM team.
Photo: Rachel Conley

 

World Junior Trials: Mount Itasca, MN

Siena and I zeroing.
Photo: Alex Larson

Petra toughing out the cold for the zero as well.
Photo: Alex Larson

Penalty lap three?
Photo: Alex Larson

I swear I hit something. 
Photo: Alex Larson

 

The last few days of 2014 were pretty stressful as I waited to hear if I made the World Junior team.  The rest of my season depended on how I preformed at Trials, and thankfully, I was able to achieve the results necessary to make the team.  Belarus here I come! Go team USA!

Race 1: 7.5K Sprint
I took third behind Chloe Levins and Siena Ellingson. I shot 2, 1. 

Race 2: 10K Pursuit
I took third behind Chloe Levins and Siena Ellingson, and Mikaela Paluszek who is a junior. I missed 2, 2, 1, 3.

Race 3: 6K Sprint
I took third (again) behind Hannah Streinz and Siena Ellingson, shooting 3, 1.  It was FREEZING COLD! Our car said it was negative 7 degrees, but the official thermometer said negative 4, so we raced.
For all the races I wore a headband, two buffs, and a hat, and was still cold, especially my feet and fingers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment