Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Almost there

This week has been a lot of to-do lists, post-its, and mental notes.  With finals starting tomorrow, my planner has been full of "STUDY" messages.

Despite the upcoming end of the semester, my team took a trip up to Maplelag Resort in northern Minnesota.  Usually we go after finals, but this year it worked out that we went before, which actually worked out well.  If it had been after, I would have missed it, as I leave for Europe on Saturday. Wow that's coming up quick! (Maybe I should start packing?)

Maplelag was really cold.  REALLY, REALLY cold.  The high on Sunday was -18 degrees Fahrenheit, with windchill of -30 or more (I mean less?)

If you don't believe me, this is water freezing before it hit the ground.

My frozen hair after a 3 minute walk from the lodge.
Photo: Amy Casey-Paal (aka Mom #2)

Some of the girls post cookie and cocoa break. 

  Maplelag is great for training and team bonding.  The ski trails were literally 10 steps out the front door, and the 24/7 cookie and cocoa bar makes refueling within 20 minutes after your workout a breeze. The hot tub and sauna also make for great recovery!

Some of the MANY old railroad signs at Maplelag.


On the ride home, I cleaned up my phone/camera to make room for the coming weeks, and found a bunch of pictures.  These following few pictures are just a few of the incredible things I am so thankful for, and don't get to acknowledge enough.

For my puppy:
The newest addition to the Kautzer Family: Louie! 

On our first hunt with the Lou-man. 

 For my family:
Sledding with my cousins.  
I'm thankful both them and the fact that no one was injured.  
Photo: Aunt Sara

A picture from my mom 5 years ago.  Even when I had horrible technique and 
came in dead last, my parents toughed out the cold to cheer for me.  


 And for my friends:
Alex, Halcyon, and I at Bentleyville, the light show in Duluth that is simply mind blowing.
Photo: Alex Larson
 








No comments:

Post a Comment